In partnership with CBSSports.com
Online Now 78
You have no favorite boards.
The most viewed topics.
The most replied to topics.
The most up-voted topics.
The most down-voted topics.
The most up-voted posters.
The most down-voted posters.
The most followed posters.
Tipoff noon. ESPNU
The zoo is jam-packed. crowd filing in now,
17 min to tipoff,
definitely more energy in the building than there was against cincinnati,
I think the Georgetown drubbing had something to do with it.
Or the fact it isn't new year's eve.
I posted this in another thread
here are the recruit nametags I saw before the game
James Connor, Tyler Boyd, Titus Howard, Terrish webb, Josh Jones, Rachid Ibrahim, Tony harper, Chris Blewitt, Ryan Winslow
Thanks, I would have missed it w/out the reminder.
Marquettes guards look like thety want to play like Cinci's guards, hounding
Tray Woodall is just getting up now, looked like a head to head collisin with a Marquete player, he looks a little woozy walking off the court. their taking him straight to the locker room
I was surprised Marquette was a double-digit dog.
Concussion evaluation I would imagine. I think though, and hope, that Tray is OK, as he got hit square in the face as opposed to the head. Probably a bit out of it, like getting punched in the eye, but hopefully ok.
were back to nobody wanting to shoot, now that woodall is in the lockerroom, that is one less potential shooter
It was one possession?????
No foul on the loose ball? Johnson was held the whole time.
marquette went to a 2-3 zone, pitt hasnt made a shot against it yet
Pitt ice cold from the field....luckily, Marquette is throwing the ball all over the place.
My keys to a win today:
1) 8 kiddies. What? 8? At least 8 FG attempts by the big Kiwi. Again, why? Because it shows they are running some plays for him, also he is being active on the boards and break which I believe translates into a more active role for him all 94 feet.
2) Rebounding. Obviously. But they cannot afford to give up long offensive rebounds in which Marquette can kick out for open 3's. These are backbreakers, almost like a turnover.
3) Attack the press. Obviously limit turnovers, but once they get it past half court go over top of it, attack towards the hoop instead of merely settling to run a half court set with whatever shot clock remains.
4) Contest shots. if they drain contested 23 footers, so be it. If they drain open 23 footers, that is on Pitt.
5) Don't get involve into a jumpshooting contest. Pick your spots. Inside out, for the open shots.
Pitt has one field goal and 2-6 from the free throw line
Here we go again. No open looks because Marquette has no respect for our ability to score in the paint. When someone finally drives to the hoop and draws attention .. what happens? Nobody moves to the open spot .. and/or the pass isn't made. It's pretty sad. Contested shots and lots of deflections and near turnovers, nothing in rhythm. It's a cluster.
Marquette? Finds open shots .. makes em.
Another frustrating start.
Terrible from the line today.
this is zeiglers chance to shine , hes getting woosalls minutes
Worst FT shooting i've seen at Pitt in a long time.
And it's so easy to defend us. We have no quickness. The athletes don't start the game or set the tempo. It comes from Robinson who is as slow as molasses .. or Woodall who doesn't use his quickness to any advantage. I don't get it.
I think we lose. I think Marquette is quick and athletic and unafraid to shoot.
Woodall, Moore, DJ, Adams, Zanna .. that's who should be in the game.
marquettes is sticking with the 2-3
Pitt just went to a 2-3 zone
Pitt is killing Marquette on the boards, and that should really work to our advantage as the game goes along.
However, they are killing me right now from the line.
11 points with nine minutes to go in the first half? Pitt's offense is absolutely pathetic.
Foul shooting this putrid at home is unacceptable.
marquette stays hot from 3, that was about a 23 foot shot
Robinson playing well today.
That's why they don't run. Patterson falls flat on his behind.
247Sports In partnership with CBS Sports